Book your dates everyone!
Mestre Indio is back for another Capoeira Angola workshop in Ubud, Bali coming 25th – 27th January 2019. Join us and savor learning the traditions of Capoeira Angola through his workshop.
Kindly contact Kyle or Azik for more info here: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Or msg us at https://www.facebook.com/cafobo/ if you prefer Facebook Messenger instead.
Salve, Grande Abracoes.
Stay tuned, more updates coming up soon.
Planned schedule would be as followed:
As you continue to make plans I want to give you some info and tips for staying in Bali:
- Green School at “The Lodge”. This is very simple living, but beautiful experience. There is a spring fed swim pool and will provide a quiet natural experience. Food options are very local, but there is a big local market and the lodge has a kitchen. Finally and most importantly it is walking distance to Green School. This is where Mestre Indio will be staying. I recommend staying here during the workshops. Make your booking at http://studentvillage.greenschool.org/index.php/svlodge/ .
- Local House Rental. If there are enough interested people this can be arranged. Please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ubud is about 30 minutes from Green School and there are vast options that start at $5 / Day. Homestays are a simple and fun way of staying in Bali. Also Airbnb is quite popular. Nyuh Kuning is a great neighborhood to consider as it is walking distance to Ubud, yet easier access to Green School.
- Canggu is another popular place. It is located on the beach and is also about 30 minutes from Green School. Homestays and Airbnb are also available there.
Public transportation in Bali is unreliable and not widely available and Green School is in a remote location. I will help as best I can with my vehicle, but won’t be able to meet everyone needs. And though distances are short travel is slow. Please consider the following.
- Rent a motorbike. This is the most common way of getting around in Bali. This can be easily arranged for around $5 USD / Day.
- Rent a driver for a week. This is around $150 -200 / Week.
- Rent a car for a week. This starts at $15 / Day
- Taxi. A one way trip to Green School from Ubud or Canggu is about $10.
- Packing list: mostly light clothes (but some heavier pieces for the evening), rain jacket (we are starting the rain season), water bottle, hat, sun screen, bug repellant, flip flops, and one pair of sturdy shoes.
- Sensible practices:
- Wash hands frequently
- Do not drink or brush teeth with water from the tap
- Avoid street food or restaurants that appear unhygienic
- Sleep with mosquito net
Again, feel free to contact us with any questions: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org